about Mr Stephen Farrell
Stephen Farrell is the head of Endocrine Surgery at St Vincents Public Hospital and Austin Hospital in Melbourne. He is the Endocrine Surgeon for the Royal Childrens Hospital in Melbourne.
In private he operates at St Vincents Private Hospital, Fitzroy and Warringal Hospital in Heidelberg.
Stephen is one of Australias leading Endocrine Surgeons. Over more than 20 years as a specialist, he has a vast experience of all aspects of Endocrine Surgery and has performed more than 5000 thyroid operations and more than 2000 parathyroid operations.
The Melbourne Parathyroid Centre was created by Mr Stephen Farrell to provide a dedicated, expert and complete service for patients with hyperparathyroidism.
Stephen has a particular expertise and passion for Parathyroid Surgery.
The Melbourne Parathyroid Centre is a service dedicated to the surgical management of hyperparathyroidism.
WE PROVIDE EXPERTISE IN:
- Confirmation of the diagnosis of hyperparathyroidism
- Office-based ultrasound to assess both the parathyroid glands and the thyroid
- Access to state-of-the-art localisation imaging studies performed by specialised radiologists
- Best-practice surgery and post-operative management for patients with hyperparathyroidism
- Minimally invasive parathyroidectomy when appropriate
Hospitals Practising At:
- St Vincent's Public & Private
- Royal Children's
Areas of Special Interest
- Parathyroid surgery
- Exclusively practice in Endocrine surgery
- Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia,
- Familial Endocrine Tumour Syndromes
- Paediatric Endocrine Surgery
- Thyroid cancer
- Adrenal Surgery
- > 5000 thyroid operations, > 2000 parathyroid operations
MBBS (Hons), FRACS;
ANZES, IAES, GSA, AMA
Head of Endocrine Surgery at St Vincent's and Austin Hospitals and Endocrine surgeon to Royal Children's Hospital