Essendon Day Procedure Centre
First healthcare facility in Australia to achieve certification against the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards
about Essendon Day Procedure Centre
At the Essendon Day Procedure Centre we specialise in oral and maxillofacial surgery. Our oral and maxillofacial surgeons are surgical specialists who treat conditions, defects, injuries and aesthetic aspects of the mouth, teeth, jaw and face. Specifically we are involved in the removal of wisdom teeth, other teeth, implants for replacement teeth, pathology of the mouth including cysts, trauma to the jaw, including fractured jaws and cheekbones and orthognathic surgery for the correction of jaw discrepancies.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
Mr. Graeme Wright MDSc, MBBS, BDS, FRACDS (OMS)
A/Prof. Arun Chandu BDSc, MBBS (Hons), MDSc, PhD (Melb), MPHA, FICD, GCert Autism St, FDSRCS (Eng), FDSRCS (Ed), FRACD (OMS), FRCS (Eng)
- Disability access
- Wisdom Teeth
- Dental Implants
- Jaw Surgery
- Tumours & Cysts of the Mouth
An accredited centre designed specifically for the treatment of oral and maxillofacial conditions.
Also Consulting at:
- Keilor Downs
If additional surgery or procedures are required an itemised quote will be provided at the initial consultation. There is no obligation to proceed.
The Essendon Day Procedure Centre has agreements with most private health insurers and the Department of Veteran Affairs to claim theatre and accommodation fees. The Centre is also eligible to claim Second Tier Default Benefits as approved by the Australian Government and liaises with workers compensation insurers and TAC to achieve the best outcomes for the patient. Self insured patients who elect to pay as they go are provided with detailed costs at the initial consultation.
Out of pocket, fund excesses or fees are required to be paid prior to surgery. Payment details will be provided at the initial consultation.
Registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
Member Australian Dental Association
Member Australian and New Zealand Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
Member Australian Medical Association
- Operating at Essendon Day Procedure Centre which has achieved accreditation against the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards (Second Edition) and is registered with the Department of Health and Human Services Victoria.
- Also operating at John Fawkner Private Hospital, Epworth Freemasons Day Procedure Unit, Hobson Healthcare, Seymour Health, Western Private Hospital
Specialist consultant surgeons at Western Health Network
1. a current referral
2. recent X/rays if they relate to your referral.
*Sometimes your referring dentist, general practitioner or specialist may forward these directly to our rooms on your behalf.
3. Medicare, private health, workers compensation or TAC insurance details.
4. a list of any currently prescribed or over the counter medications and treatments including names and dosages.
5. your height and weight
6. results of recent pathology
7. name of your local doctor and dentist
8. email address