about Dr Mark Liu
Areas of Specialisation: Urology, Urological Cancers, Robotic & Keyhole Surgery
Consulting Locations: Chatswood, Wahroonga, Rouse Hill, Hurstville
Languages: English, Mandarin
Current Positions: Urological Consultant at Macquarie University Hospital, Sydney Adventist Hospital and Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Hospital
Mark is an experienced urologist with subspecialty interests in genitourinary cancers (prostate, kidney, bladder and adrenal), minimally invasive and robotic surgery. He also has expertise in the management of prostatic enlargement, renal stones and mens health.
He graduated from the University of New South Wales and completed the Master of Surgery degree at the University of Sydney. He subsequently became a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons after undertaking specialist urological training under the auspice of the Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand.
He undertook subspecialty fellowships in uro-oncology and minimally invasive surgery at the Royal Marsden Hospital (London, UK) and Wake Forest University (North Carolina, USA). He was trained alongside world leaders and pioneers in his field. He was also appointed as a consultant surgeon and a member of faculty during his time working in the United States.
He is a urological consultant at Macquarie University Hospital and Sydney Adventist Hospital. He holds public appointment at the Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Hospital.
- General urology: stones, prostate enlargement, urinary symptoms (voiding dysfunction), circumcision, vasectomy etc.
- Urological cancers: prostate, kidney, bladder, testis, adrenal.
- Investigation of PSA elevation, kidney & scrotal masses. Blood in the urine.
- Robotic, laparoscopic, endoscopic & open surgeries.
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member of the Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member of the American Urological Association
- Bachelor of Science, Medicine & Surgery - Univeristy of New South Wales
- Master of Surgery (Urology) - University of Sydney
- Fellowship in Urological Oncology - Royal Marsden Hospital, London
- Fellowship in Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgery - Wake Forest University, NC USA
- Consultant Urologist at the Macquarie University Hospital, Sydney Adventist Hospital and Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Hospital