About Prof Mark Ashton
Professor Ashton is Clinical Professor of Surgery at the University of Melbourne and specialises in Cosmetic and Reconstructive Breast Surgery and Facial Aesthetic Surgery. As former Head of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Royal Melbourne Hospital (2001-2016), and was the President of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (2017 – 2019). Mark enjoys a reputation as one of Australias most respected and internationally renowned plastic surgeons. Mark is the Chair of the Professorial Plastic Surgery Unit at Epworth Freemasons (2016 – ongoing).
He is a perfectionist and recognised for producing naturally beautiful results with minimal scaring.
Areas of Specialisation
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Reconstruction
- Face Lift
- Pelvic Mesh
- Reconstructive Surgery
- MB.BS, MD FRACS (Plas),
- The Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- The Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- The American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons