About Dr James Yu
Dr James Yu is an Australian trained interventional pain specialist and consultant anaesthetist.
Dr James Yu is a highly skilled Interventional Pain Specialist with approaches that have prevented the need for extensive surgery and reduced pharmacological therapy.
Dr Yu works with a diverse team of professionals offering a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care including a Rehabilitation Physician, Psychologists, Physiotherapists, Exercise Physiologists, Registered Nurse and Dietitian. For chronic pain sufferers, when non-invasive case has failed, interventional treatment options include Spinal Injection, Nerve Blocks, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injection, Radiofrequency (RF) treatment, Spinal Cord Stimulation (SCS).
- Bahasa Malaysia
Areas of Special Interest
- Neuropathic pain
- Complex spinal pain
- Persistent postoperative pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome (FBSS)
- Approved medical cannabis prescriber
- Hurstville (Waratah Private Hospital)
- Darlinghurst (St Vincents Clinic)
- Randwick (Prince of Wales Private Hospital)
The fee will be discussed with you when you book your appointment. If this could be settled on the day of your appointment this would be appreciated.
We electronically submit to Medicare on your behalf so the Medical rebate can be back in your bank account within days if your details are up to date with Medicare.
If you have a current Workers Compensation or motor vehicle accident insurance claim the fee may be covered by your insurer. Please be sure to obtain approval prior to attending the clinic.
- MD, Doctor of Medicine
- Fellow, Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (FANZCA)
- Fellow, Faculty of Pain Medicine, Australian & New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (FFPMANZCA)
- Fellow, Interventional Pain Practice, World Institute of Pain (FIPP)
- Anaesthetic fellowship at St George Hospital, Kogarah
- Pain fellowship at Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick
- World Institute of Pain (FIPP) fellowship in Budapest
What to bring on your first visit:
2. Initial Appointment Patient Pain Questionnaire & Authority form (found on our website http://www.sydneyspinepain.com)
3. Scans, x-rays, or recent investigations & reports
4. Medicare & Private Health details OR Copy of Approval & all relevant case details if Workers Comp or CTP
Fee payable at time of appointment for all private patients
EFTPOS or Cr Card. NO Surcharge on Cr Cards