About Sydney North Neurosurgery
Sydney North Neurosurgery are two neurosurgeons; Dr Raymond Cook and Dr Jonathon Parkinson; servicing the North Shore of Sydney and the Central Coast. Their reputation means that referrals come from not only within these areas but from all over NSW, Australia and indeed, internationally.
Each surgeon provides a comprehensive neurosurgical service as well as having specific subspecialty interests that allow inter-referral between surgeons for various subspecialised neurosurgical conditions. This allows for state-of-the-art treatment by surgeons with enormous experience and expertise in their particular sub-specialty area.
Our neurosurgical procedures:
• Brain tumour excision
- Comprehensive brain tumour service with multi modality treatment of glioma, meningioma, pituitary tumours. etc,
• Skull Base surgery
- Microvascular decompression for trigeminal neuralgia, hemifacial spasm and glossopharyngeal neuralgia.
- Skull base tumour surgery including acoustic neuroma
- Endoscopic surgery
• Spinal surgery
- Treatment of sciatica, brachialgia, leg pain, arm pain, neurogenic claudication, spinal stenosis, foraminal stenosis, disc herniation, spondylolisthesis, spinal deformity
- Surgery including microdiscectomy, laminectomy, foraminotomy and spinal fusion
• Functional Neurosurgery
- Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinsons disease, tremor, and dystonia
- Awake functional craniotomy
• Peripheral nerve surgery
- Carpal tunnel release
- Ulnar nerve decompression
North Shore Private Hospital, St Leonards
Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards
Gosford Private Hospital, North Gosford
Sydney Adventist Hospital, Wahroonga