About Dr Nazih Assaad
Dr Nazih Assaad completed his medical degrees and graduated from the University of Sydney with honours in 1993. His early postgraduate training was at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital followed by training and research in Neurosurgery at the Childrens Hospital at Westmead. His advanced Neurosurgery training included posts at Westmead, John Hunter and Royal North Shore Hospitals. During this time he underwent subspecialty training in Cerebrovascular Neurosurgery under the mentorship of Professor Michael Morgan.
Dr Assaad is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and a Member of the Neurosurgical Society of Australasia, AANS/CNS Cerebrovascular Section and the American Heart and Stroke Associations.
Dr Assaads subspecialty interests include the treatment of complex aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, dural fistulas, cavernomas as well as stroke prevention surgery including brain bypass surgery and carotid surgery. He also has interests in brain tumours, spinal surgery and trigeminal neuralgia surgery.
MBBS (Hons), FRACS
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, Macquarie University Hospital
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, Royal North Shore Hospital
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, Sydney Adventist Hospital
- Clinical Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Macquarie University
- Honorary Associate, Northern Clinic School, University of Sydney