About Mr Damien Loh
Mr Damien Loh is an Upper Gastrointestinal and General Surgeon, specialising in surgery for disorders of the stomach and oesophagus, and weight loss surgery. Mr Loh consults at Fitzroy and Whittlesea.
Mr Loh has published in several local and international journals and presented at local and international meetings and conferences. He has been actively involved in teaching and mentorship of surgical colleagues and allied health staff throughout his career.
Mr Loh is committed to providing the highest quality surgical service to the community and believes in a thorough, collaborative approach to providing the best possible treatment for your condition.
Areas of Specialisation
- Oesophagectomy (removal of the oesophagus)
- Gastrectomy (removal of the stomach)
- Hiatus hernia repair
- Anti-reflux surgery
- Hellers myotomy (for achalasia)
- Abdominal Wall Hernia Repair
- Groin Hernia Repair
- Gastric Banding for Obesity
- Sleeve Gastrectomy for Obesity
- Gastric Bypass for Obesity
- Upper GI and HPB Surgery Fellow, Liverpool Hospital, Sydney, 2014
- Upper GI Surgery Fellow, St Vincents Hospital, Sydney, 2013
- Upper GI Surgery Fellow, Barwon Health, Geelong, 2012
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, 2012
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Melbourne University, 2002
- FRACS - fellow of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons
- ANZGOSA - Australia and New Zealand Gastro-Oesophageal Surgery Association
- OSSANZ - Obesity Surgery Society of Australian and New Zealand
- GSA - General Surgeons Australia