about Dr Negin Sedaghat
Dr Negin Sedaghat - Breast Surgeon, Endocrine and General Surgeon
Dr Negin Sedaghat is a FRACS qualified Australian Specialist General Surgeon with subspecialisation in Breast Surgery & Surgical Oncology as well as Endocrine Surgery. Dr Sedaghat is BreastSurgANZ certified in Breast Surgery, awarded Professional Certification with distinction in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery (USYD) and a member of both Breast and Endocrine Multidisciplinary Teams.
In total, Dr Sedaghat has over ten years of professional training and experience, which includes dedicated Post-Fellowship subspecialisation at distinguished centres across Australia under the tutelage of renown mentors. She was also an international Visiting Fellow in Breast Surgical Oncology at the prestigious MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, USA. Her notable contributions to surgery are reported in numerous regional & international surgical journals.
Dr Sedaghat specialises in the broad-spectrum of breast cancer & breast health. She tailors personalised treatment plans and performs a wide-range of advanced oncoplastic, reconstructive & symmetrisation breast surgery. In endocrine and general surgery, Dr Sedaghat specialises in thyroid nodule/cancer surgery, parathyroid surgery, skin lesions & lumps, and hernia repair.
Dr Sedaghat is the current MD Discipline Lead for Patient Safety & Quality at Macquarie University, Clinical Examiner with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and invited to assist the editorial boards of international surgical research journals on numerous occasions. Dr Sedaghat has both a professional and compassionate approach that occurs within a patient-centred care practice, together with a comprehensive team.
- Macquarie University Hospital
- Lakeview Private Hospital
- Breast Cancer Surgery - incl. advanced oncoplastic breast surgery: local chest wall perforator flaps, therapeutic or symmetrising mammaplasty, mastopexy
- Breast Reconstruction
- Breast Symmetrisation after cancer treatment
- Risk-Reducing Breast Surgery
- Breast Reduction
- Autologous Fat Grafting / Lipomodelling
- Diagnostic and Benign Breast Surgery (benign lump, equivocal lesions, duct excision)
- Thyroidectomy for Thyroid Cancer, Nodule or Goitre
- Hernia Repair including key-hole surgery
- Skin Cancer; Skin lesions and lumps
- Emergency general surgery
- Patient-centred, individualised care
- Multidisciplinary: Dr Sedaghat is a member of both Breast and Endocrine Multidisciplinary Teams
FRACS. ProfCert (OncPlastBrstSurg). MBBS. BAS (Phys)(Hons I).
Current Positions, Appointments and Service
- Specialist Breast, Endocrine and General Surgeon, operating at Macquarie University Hospital, Lakeview Private Hospital
- Lead, Patient Safety and Quality, MD Program, Macquarie University
- Clinical Examiner, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
AHPRA. RACS. BSANZ. AsAES. OBC. GSA. ARBS. ANZBCT